1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In providing our App, we and our service providers may collect the following information from you:
- Information submitted by you when you register, such as your year of birth, email address, password, your child’s age and a name for your child’s profile
- Information when you purchase a subscription to the Oala App such as your payment information, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Information that you provide in public forums or otherwise voluntarily submit through our product features.
We and our service providers may also collect information from you as you use our App, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the App you are using. We use this information to help ensure that the App function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some App to, among other things, track the actions of users of the App (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compiled statistics about usage of the App and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the App, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other App. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the App. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the App (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use these types of information in the following ways: 1) To provide you with the Oala App and any features or App you might request (e.g., monthly subscription); 2) To send you updates about the Oala App (including any updates on product features or policies); 3) To communicate with you about purchases or your account; 4) To provide you with personally relevant Content or product features; 5) To send you feedback on your child’s reading progress; 6) To investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and/or 7) For gathering anonymous aggregate information from all our users to improve the products and App offered through the Oala App.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Your information may be disclosed:
- If you have created an account with the Oala App, we may publicly associate your profile (or your child’s profile), including the profile name and avatar, with a User Submission (as defined in our Terms of Service) created by such profile. Please keep this in mind when you or your children create User Submissions.
- To our service providers who provide App such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other App.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise directly relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law . For example, we may share aggregated information publicly to demonstrate growth trends related to the usage of the Oala App in certain areas.
4. TRANSPARENCY AND CONTROLS
We understand and respect your privacy concerns at Oala. Accordingly, we provide you with the ability to make certain choices related to our collection, use, and sharing of your information. These choices may include:
- You may edit or delete information in your user account
- You may make choices regarding subscriptions, updates, and product alerts
- You may tell us if you want to receive offers and promotions from us and/or third parties
- You may request access to the personal information that we have collected on your account and ask us to change or delete it
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Any child under the age of 13 using the Oala App must do so with permission from a parent. All full names, email addresses, and credit card billing information must be from a parent or guardian. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s activities and interests on their devices. When registering your child with the Oala App, we may ask a series of general questions including your child’s age, interests and gender. This information is used to customize content to your child’s age and interests. We do not use or disclose this information for any other purposes except to provide you with quality service. Any data that is shared is done so on an anonymous, aggregate basis among all users or is related to communicating reading behavior patterns to publishers.
6. THIRD PARTY APP
In circumstances where your personal information is collected, we use reasonable procedural and digital security measures that are designed to help protect against loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of information and data, such as password protection and secure socket layer. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below
9. CONTACT US
If you would like to contact us with questions or feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +9607770502
Oala is owned and operated by Oala Media Pvt Ltd., M. PoleStar, Jambu Magu, 20276, Male’, Republic of Maldives.