Oala provides You with access to eBooks, audiobooks, articles, songs, videos, and other content from participating publishers (“Subscription Content”) by means of a Subscription (“Subscription”), under which Oala, and the participating publishers, grant You a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable and personal license to access and use all Subscription Content available under Your Subscription for Your personal entertainment, informational and educational purposes. Your Subscription is separate and distinct from Your free Oala account (“Account”). In most cases, you may continue to use Your Account once You or Oala terminates your Subscription. The terms “Subscription,” “Subscription Membership”, and “Membership” apply to any paid subscription that allows Account holders to access Subscription Content.
- Your access to and use of the Subscription Content is subject to the following restrictions:
- Subscription Content is provided for Your personal non-commercial use only via the Oala Mobile App (“App”);
- You may not use Subscription Content for any commercial or promotional use;
- You may not sell or distribute Subscription Content;
- You may not share, lend, or rent copies of Subscription Content;
- You may not disable or circumvent Digital Rights Management (DRM) supplied with Subscription Content;
- You may not exceed usage limitations set by content providers (participating publisher or User);
- You may not make copies of all or any portion of any Subscription Content;
- You may not make a public display or performance of Subscription Content;
- You may not share accounts that allow access to Subscription Content.
- In addition to the foregoing, Your access to the Subscription is conditioned upon timely payment of Your Subscription; and You will not have access to Subscription Content if Your Subscription is cancelled, allowed to lapse, or terminated for non-payment.
- Your Subscription entitles You to access Oala’s digital library of content during the subscription period. Some Subscription Content may not be immediately available to the small percentage of Users that consume an unusually high volume of Subscription Content. Oala reserves and shall have the right in its sole discretion to add, modify, withdraw, or delay, at any time, any particular Subscription Content from access by You for any reason including, without limitation, based on the costs generated to Oala by such content or the nature of Your use of the App. Oala makes no guarantee as to the availability of specific titles or the timing of their availability.
3. Payments and Billing
- Fees, charges, and any materially different terms from those described to you in this Agreement will be disclosed to you at sign-up or in other communications made available to You. When You purchase a Subscription (such purchase, a “Transaction”), we may ask You to supply additional information relevant to Your Transaction, including, without limitation, Your credit card number, the expiration date of Your credit card and Your billing address (such information, “Payment Information”). You represent and warrant that You have the legal right to use all payment method(s) represented by any such Payment Information. When You initiate a Transaction, You authorize us to provide Your Payment Information to third parties so we can complete Your Transaction and to charge Your payment method for the type of Transaction You have selected; You may need to provide additional information to verify Your identity before completing Your Transaction (such information is included within the definition of Payment Information).
- Subscription prices are displayed in Maldivian Rufiyaa (MVR), or, whenever possible, Your equivalent local currency. The currency used to charge You for Your subscription payments depends on the billing country where Your payment method is located. Oala’s pricing differs from country to country and the Subscription fee displayed on Your screen may differ from the final amount charged if You sign up in a country that is different from the home country of Your billing method. Your billing currency may change if You update your payment method or change the country of billing in your Payment information. Your country of billing must match the country where Your payment method is located.
- If You elect to purchase an annual or monthly Subscription, You will be charged the annual or monthly Subscription fee (“Subscription Fee”) at the beginning of the paying portion of Your Subscription and each year or month thereafter, respectively, at the then-current rate. If You elect to purchase an annual Subscription, we will automatically charge You on the anniversary of the commencement of the paying portion of Your Subscription using the Payment Information You have provided. If You elect to purchase a monthly Subscription, we will automatically charge You each month, on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of Your Subscription, using the Payment Information You have provided. In the event Your Subscription began on a day not contained in a given month, we may charge Your payment method on a day in the applicable month or such other day as we deem appropriate. For example, if You started Your Subscription on January 31st, Your next payment date is likely to be February 28th, and Your payment method would be billed on that date.
- Where You elect not to opt for an automatic direct debit feature, or where there is no automatic direct debit feature on the App, You shall be responsible for ensuring timely payments based on Your chosen subscription. Failure to make timely payment may result in restrictions, suspension, or cancellation of Your Subscription and access to Subscription Content under this Agreement.
All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits. In certain cases, if there is a defect in any Subscription Content, you may receive a replacement rather than a refund.
5. Cancellation of subscriptions
- Cancellation. You may cancel Your Subscription through your account settings after logging into the App. You may also initiate cancellation of a Subscription by sending an email to (email@example.com). You will be responsible for all Subscription Fees (plus any applicable taxes and/or other charges) incurred before the effective date of your cancellation. If you cancel, your cancellation will be effective immediately, but Oala will allow You to access the Subscription Content until the most recently paid-up Subscription period ends, and then will terminate Your access to Subscription Content. Cancelling Your Subscription will not cancel Your Account.
- You agree that Oala may terminate Your Subscription and/or account for non-payment of Subscription Fees. In the event of any cancellation or termination of your Subscription or Account, we may remove and discard all or any part of Your account, User profile at any time.
- No Refunds. As defined in section 4 of this agreement, all fees and charges are nonrefundable. Oala will not refund Subscription Fees, either in full or in part, when a Subscription is cancelled or terminated.
6. Removal of content
Oala reserves the right to modify or withdraw at any time any Subscription Content from access by You at the request of its publisher or for any other reason. If Oala removes or deletes a particular piece of Subscription Content, Oala reserves the right to revoke Your access to the content. If Oala revokes Your access, Oala may provide a refund to You or offer You another form of compensation at Oala’s sole discretion
7. Term and Termination